Written by Patricia Pauyo | Reviewed by Janet Lau RDN, CDN, Holistic Coach
If you are living a busy life, have a family, and/or are always pressed for time, making home cooked meals every day may be a challenging task. In those situations, going to the grocery store or even cooking a meal after a long day at work, can be very draining. Although meal planning is a great way to make sure you make your delicious and healthy meals at home, they may also require a lot of time for grocery shopping, preparing and cooking. But now there is a solution for that!
Meal kit delivery services have become popular in the past few of years and it has been very helpful for many people. These services will deliver pre-portioned ingredients and recipes to your door so that you can make a delicious home-cooked meal while still maintaining a busy schedule. Services such as Blue Apron, Green chef, Home chef, Epicured, come at various prices and benefits, and they will enable you to explore different cuisines, enhance your culinary skills and continue to live a healthy lifestyle while saving you a lot of your time.
- There are many benefits to using a meal kit delivery service. Some of these reasons are listed below.
- It’s easy to use! Just create an account with your desired service provider and start ordering at the click of a button.
- You have the flexibility to choose meals that you want to eat and customize your menu for the week.
- There are many options available to accommodate various diets and allergies, whether you are vegetarian, vegan, paleo or gluten-free.
- You get quality products to feed your family.
- It’s a fun way to get your children involved in deciding on meal choices and the preparation
- You will save money by reducing waste and buying fewer ingredients
- It can help you lose weight by making sure you are eating appropriate portion sizes and adapting healthy eating habits.
- You get to explore and be inspired to modify the recipe as you want. You are the chef
- And most importantly, it saves you a LOT of time!
There are many meal kit delivery services on the market and each with their own benefits. They all help alleviate some of the burdens of maintaining healthy eating habits while living a busy life.
Have you tried a meal delivery service before? Let us know in the comments below!